Technology Businesses You Can Start Today – Part II
As before stated in Part I, the meaningful assistance of these businesses are that they capitalize on persons not having the time to complete these responsibilities themselves. Many people may say, “I can do that myself”, but will they? And if so, when? Technology exists to make life easier by shortening the time it takes to complete processes. By giving people the following sets will in effect, do just that.
(6) Start a business setting up computer based Entertainment Centers for homes. I have a friend who has a DVD player, an HD-DVD player, the Blu-Ray player and TIVO! And, he also has his multidisc CD player with shelves of Audio CD’s and DVD’s. He came to my house and saw that I have over 300 movies, 4500 songs, a built in Blu-ray and HD-DVD excursion, digital cable with the ability to record any channel to my hard excursion which is 10 times the size of a TIVO excursion all on my HP Media Center computer. One machine, that comes with a far away and hooks into my HDTV and speaker system. Needless to say he wanted one! So I charged him a fee to go to the store with his money, buy the system and install it! Now suppose I advertise that service? moment new technology business!
(7) Start a business setting up public wireless networks! What’s a wireless network? You walk into Starbucks with your laptop, open your web browser and a T-Mobile login page pops up. You login (after you pay a fee of course) and you’re on the internet! That’s a public wireless network. Now suppose you did that for the local bookstore, coffee shop, restaurant or hangout. Its not that complicate. You setup an internet service by the local cable or phone company for that business. You get the fastest service they have, which is about 10-15MBps, it’ll cost around $50 per month for the client which they’ll make back by the additional business they’ll receive. Remember setting up that service is JUST A PHONE CALL! Then you go to a best buy, CompUSA or Circuit City and get a “Linksys” wireless router (with the clients money) and hook the cable into it. Make a few software settings from the main computer that’s in the business (most businesses have a computer) and the network is up and running! What do you charge? $400 to $500 easy.
(8) Start a business implementing Skype (moment Messaging + VOIP) among families and or businesses. If you’re not familiar with Skype you need to get familiar ASAP (www.skype.com). When I got Skype I was so excited by what I could do with it that I told a friend (not the same friend). He thought I was trying to sell him on some pyramid scheme at first, but when he came to my house and saw it in action he had to have it! He never knew that all the phone conversations we had, that I was on a computer, paying only $100 for an complete year of local and long distance calling with my own number, voicemail, conference calling, etc…! So, for a fee, I TALKED HIM by setting it up. He then wanted it for his company and asked me about integrating it. The rest, you know, was a fee! (smile)
(9) Start an information research service. All you need is your computer, an internet connection and a fee for your sets. When I used to use more of my time traveling I used to call home a lot and ask my wife to look something up on the net for me. Now its not that I didn’t have a phone that had internet capabilities, but she was far more faster at finding flight info, booking hotels, looking up info on google, typing a document or two and send them via email to wherever I needed. Now my associates who traveled with me took observe of the speed at which I could make a call and get directions or nearly anything else I needed and they started asking if she could gather information for them! She came up with a billing monthly system and another business was born.
(10) Start a business making home based offices or workspaces more efficient! I’ve got computer cables running everywhere! Books and cd’s all over the place, and magazines I use as furniture now. Another friend of mine stopped by one day and was shocked that I was able to get anything done. I already knew my area was a mess, BUT I DON’T HAVE TIME to organize it properly. She said, “If you make me a flyer and a T-shirt design for my business, I’ll organize and NEATLY position yours.” I gave her a shot at it, of course while keeping a close watch on my precious equipment. The job was excellent! She used some trash bag ties to bind together all the closest cables, got some inexpensive racks for the magazines, bought 2 small tables for $30 each and moved the things that were already furthest away from me to those tables in a very neat arrangement. additional 2 more stylish waste baskets and a coffee cup warmer (to keep the fuel hot) and I was a happy camper. Again, someone else saw my new office space and wanted this same service!!!
Technology can be your best friend if you let it. With a few simple steps you can create a whole new life for yourself and others. Now all the business ideas I mentioned in this 2 part article nevertheless require business acumen, so read up on every aspect of the business you decide to pursue. Be patient and DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE MONEY! Now I didn’t say NOT to give proper attention to acquiring funds. But, as they say, WORRY is a PRAYER FOR THE NEGATIVE OUTCOME! Find out if any of the above give you a feeling of peace while working at them. If so, it may just be your calling.